I had hoped to be further along in my finishes stack by now, but Spring came early here in Idaho and I’ve been spending too much time in my garden. I’ve got a couple more bound or half bound that I hope to finish by the deadline, and one waiting for me to stitch the sleeve on. The following two have the binding and sleeve and I’m calling them done.
First up is this green 9-patch with lilac sashing, one of the last quilts I hand quilted, so I suspect I started it when we lived in Alaska, which we left in 2003. It feels good to finally get it bound! (oops – I forgot to rotate the image, it’s supposed to hang vertical)
And then we have this piece, which I sewed up from scraps of a much bigger project, totally at random to start with and then I added the gray/white background, and eventually this figure appeared and started hacking at the tree. I don’t know why, I don’t ask. He’s been waiting for a binding for 3 or 4 years now, maybe now that he has one he can stop torturing the poor tree.
And here’s the link to my list of proposed finishes. These two were numbers 7 and 16.